I agree that hyperbole is at least as pervasive in fly rod marketing as it is in most other products these days. Even though I was impressed with the rod when I actually got to cast it, the terminology used in the marketing for the new Sage One is so over the top that it's hard not to laugh out loud when reading it. That being said, I think it's arguable that there have been rods that "moved the market", meaning they achieved something new and better than what had been the norm, so much so that other manufacturers sought to do the same from that point forward. Which rods those were can be debated endlessly I'm sure, but I do believe there are some that can claim such impact. I'm no expert by any means, but it seems to me that the GLX series for example drew great attention to and set a new standard for lightness when it came out, prompting others to try to match and promote the same attributes in their subsequent offerings. I'm biased on this one to be sure, but I've always thought the Winston BIIX did the same kind of thing. After a lot of years in which the industry was all about faster and faster actions, at the expense of line feel and close-in casting in my observation, that rod was the first one that offered a credibly fast (and oh yeah, ridiculously light) rod that had fantastic line feel and an unprecedented casting range. Every manufacturer sought to follow suit with rods that described that same combination of attributes - whether it was the Sage Z-Axis, Orvis Helios, or even more recent creations like the TFO BVK, the marketing was no longer JUST about "fast". Interesting concept to be sure and one that could provoke a lot of fun water cooler conversation...