+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Renzetti strikes again!!

Yup, I think the name True Rotary carries a tremendous clout. As a fairly new rookie wannabe fixin' to try fly tying it means to me that the shank will stay in the same plane when rotated. I don't know if that is what it really means. But to ME that is what understand it to signify. I was told my Patriot was a true roatary before I bought it.....and bought it. It is only good for wrapping by spinning or turning the jaws when it is in horizontal position.....and even then the shank doesn't stay in the same plane. I have ordered a Montana Mongoose in hopes it it behave like what I think a true rotary is. Hope I haven't wasted money. But back to the value of the term "True Rotary" I think it is very significant. Maybe it's not what true rotary means...but probably to a lot of people like me it really means something. I just think that is what it means to a lot of us out here in the vast world of fishermen. I think the term carries significant weight and do not think Renzetti should, or has, the right to capture it. They are perhaps going to loose more in PR than they gain on this one. And hat's off to you Andy for your post. Right or wrong....I really like a guy who will stand up and state his opinion. Well done.

------------------
    Plain old Jim, I'm Plain...and I'm old.

Guys:

Bussiness is Bussiness. I will not take a stance on this one either way. Renzetti vises are great in my eyes. I own two of them. For tying in shows and camping it's my Renzetti Traveler with cam jaws. My vise at home in my tying room is the Renzetti Presentation 4000 with cam jaws and saltwater base. These vises are very good and that's all that matters to me. I bought quality and a vise that I can count on. Who ever through away there equipment was childish and had a very costly hissy fit. I do not claim to know what company started the true rotary/just rotary vises. To me it's about my tying and the money I spent. I am a very happy Renzetti user. Far as the politics, I do not want to be involved. This is a vise and a tool I use and like to tie flies on. I am not in the vise bussiness and do not really claim to know how the fly tying vise industry is. Maybe it's cut throat and maybe it's a whole bunch of scare tactics. A lot of vise manufactures out there all competing to get your bussiness and better there company. I have not seen any industry with out some political B.S. I should know about that. I work in Telecom where there is constant take overs, Law suites and stratagy how to take anothers customers away. If something truly bothers you with a brand then don't buy it. That truly is your choice and your hard earned money. Life is hard enough, why make it harder. Just my two cents.

Andy B

I'm no expert on patents, trademarks, etc., but I will put my two cents in on this. It seems that the term "true rotary" refers to the end result of having a vise that allows the hook to be rotated on the same axis as the hook shank. Now it would also seem that there could be any number of designs that could provide this same end result. I would think that each of these designs, if sufficiently unique, would be patentable. However the end result, that is, achieving true rotary operation, is not patentable.

Seems to me the purgative value of a well targeted hissy fit is being under rated.

Jim

I love my Renzetti!!!!
    That being said, I agree with Andy B. If you don't like a product, don't buy it in first place, the best way to snub a company is by not giving them your hard earned cash. Buying their products only to destroy them in a fit of rage is not effective in making any point whatsoever; it's just a sad personal statement that I for one found sort of ironic and a bit humorous.

------------------
    Chris

The last 2 posts get pretty little rainbow bumper stickers.

Ha. Wickedcarpenters last post was pretty clever.

+ Reply to Thread