Lotech,

You are going to love it! It is still the same game only the playing field is larger and you will spend more time locating the fish, but, once you locate them, they are catchable and a lot of fun. Work the shoreline early and late of the day with a bass popper and hang on! When the bass quit, go for the bluegill and other species in the lake. I alternate my fishing from rivers one day and maybe a small lake the next just for the change. I enjoy both. Matter of fact, tomorrow another buddy of mine who purchased a NuCanoe is going to meet here at my house and we are taking both NuCanoes and fishing a back bay of a large lake here. The bay has a lot of stumps and we are going to fish bass poppers and see what happens. If that does not work, look out bluegill. I am a little different than most fly fisherman in that I use a fly rod for all my fishing. I don't consider the fly rod a trout rod only. It is just another fishing rod but it sure is a lot more fun to use it than any other fishing rod out there. Keep us posted on your fishing trips. Trust me, you ARE going to love it and I can hardly wait for the fishing report!