Many years ago, I wrote a "Tying Tip" article about "Thread" that might be a help for those who make their own furled leaders.

In my "Thread" article, I explain the many of the different materials that can be used to make thread, the different methods that can be used to make thread. and the many different sealants used to protect the finished thread.

I have been working on my "Big Furled Leader Formula" for sometime, recently pushing it off to the side, will I convert many of FAOL various article folders over to PDF for a future "Features" CD, and also helping Ron Tidd with the new FOTW listing on the main page. I am also wanting to make a new Furled Leader Board that I break down to 4 ft to 5 ft section lengths for storage. But when assembled can be used to make 10 foot or longer furled tapered leaders that are perfectly balanced, that you do not need a fly rod or fly line to cast them.

When I am ready to get back to my "Big Furled Leader Formula" and satisfied with my number crunching, I will share it with everyone on FAOL. ~Parnelli

My "Thread" article can be found at http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/tyingtips/part211.php