At least in my area there were many problems with the G3s. They suffered quality control issues and very long delays with warranty work. Several people I know had their brand new G3s leak the very first time out of the box, which a lot of people will tell you is impossible with Simms. Not so apparently. Most of the people I know that bought them ended up getting rid of them before the year was out. They either went to the Patagonias or back to the Simms classic guides.

This year Cloudveil has introduced a line of waders for the first time. I have not used them yet, but I have fondled them in the store and tried them on. They appear to be outstanding. The fit is wonderful and if you look closely at them it's very obvious that alot of consideration has gone into the design. Also, while Cloudveil is new to the wader market I'm very familiar with the company through other pursuits. They have a reputation in the outdoor industry that is almost second to none for first quality products and outstanding warranty service. The price for their top of the line model is about the same as the G3. If you're considering the G3 I think they'd be worth a look.

Jeremy