+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Reel Recovery"

Hybrid View

I have applied several times to volunteer for a retreat but never heard back from them. To me, sounds like a good organization. Perhaps I didn't have what they needed. I also help with Casting for Recovery as a river helper.

Thanks everyone for the replies. This weekend in Somerset Ky, someone is having a "kayak festivial". They have dealers there so you can demo thier products on the Lake. Also music and barbaque. A kayak fishing tournment on Sunday. All the proceeds go to "ReelRecovery". My son is wanting to buy a kayak so we are going. It turns out that the "spot" on my head turned out to be Melanoma Cancer. See thread that Ohio tuber started about hats. Anyway, maybe I will meet some folks from "ReelRecovery" and get involved in thier organization.

A member of our local fly club was able to partake in one of these events, and when I asked how it was he replied it was something he thought he could do without until he went there. The member said that he really never talked about his cancer, and was fine with that, and he hesitated for a minute and then said that he was wrong for doing so. He said there were a lot of things that he never thought to say about it until the event, and now he feels like a new man for talking about it. I feel that a group can take a person set in thier ways and make a new person out of them deserves all the respect in the world a man can give. I have seen first hand how it changed this person, as a club we are greatful. Thanks to all the fine men and women who heilp those who are in need of this rebirth.
    Thanks.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecrazy View Post
    It turns out that the "spot" on my head turned out to be Melanoma Cancer.
    I had one of those spots that turned out to be a Melanoma about 10 years ago. Other than a scar that itches sometimes all is good so far. I hope yours comes out the same. As a result of my melanoma, which was removed by a dermatologist, I had to follow up with an oncologist, which was a trip everyone should make. Seeing the children and the young ladies taking treatments which had made them lose their hair was heartbreaking. It certainly made me thankful to have had the spot on my chest removed while it was still harmless.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

5. Default

I'm a survivor & volunteered as a "stream buddy" a couple years ago. They were fishing at Mountain Home Arkansas. Didn't get so much as a 'by your leave' or a thank you after a 170 mile (one way) drive. Don't think I'll be back for more of that. I'm sure they mean well but thanks but no thanks.

+ Reply to Thread