Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Sanders View Post
Next they'll make it illegal to eat in the car...listen to your radio...talk to your passengers...HAVE passengers....

If you get into an accident while on your cell phone, and it's your fault, you are liable....If you get into an accident and you are not on your cell phone and it's your fault, you are still liable.

I see no need for ANY of these laws.

Millions of folks talk on their cells phones while driving every day without causing an accident. Millions more eat or drink or talk while operating a motor vehicle without causing accidents. Some few of these, either cell phone users, eaters, drinkers, or talkers, WILL cause accidents. So will quite a few who become angry, are in a hurry, are tired, aren't good driers, or are inexperienced drivers. The numbers are small and the laws in place about liability and insurance and who is at fault already adress ALL of this.

The LAST thing this country needs is more laws.

Making additional laws about things like this is just another method to chip away at our freedoms.

Just a contrary opinion.

Buddy

Not trying to argue with ya Buddy, your entitled to your opinion just like anyone else is that's for sure. But keep in mind...it is not taking away any sort of "freedoms" because driving is a privilege not a right. It has been proven time & time again over the past few years that texting/talking on the phone while driving is just as dangerous as drinking & driving in many cases. Most times when I see someone drifting over the center line of their lane or running a light/pulling right out in front of me 9 times out of 10 they are on their cell phone. If the laws help to prevent even one death due to someone texting/talking on the phone rather tyhan paying attention to the road then it is worth it IMO.