+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Email hacked o.t.

Hybrid View

Default Email hacked o.t.

My Email was hacked if You recieve anything from b_desavage@yahoo.com delete it. I did not send it.
    My Apologies to ALL.
    This is now a DEAD account!

Blog Entries

ebay will help you get your account back and if needed will attempt to rebuild your email address book. my wifes was hacked and she was able to retrieve it. on yahoo its under the security center help I think I have been phished. http://security.yahoo.com/article.ht...aid=2006102603

Eric
    Last edited by Eric-WD; 05-07-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Mine has been hacked too, I have AOL mail. If you get mail from me don't open it as well. I have stopped sending E-mail as soon as I found out. Mom told me she was getting strange E-mail from me that she did not open. Also I'v been getting those scam e-mail that I'v heard of but had not been getting them until recently. Some of them very well written I may add...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I suppose mine has also been hacked. I keep getting undelivered mail notifications. I just keep on deleting them.

Blog Entries

Folks, the chances of it actually being your email account that was hacked are between slim and nil.

The most likely scenario is that one of your family or friends, or even yourself, has acquired a virus or trojan. These things spread by reading the victim's address book and sending emails to these people. They do not necessarily come from the person infected but can come from anyone in the address book.

If your sole source of email is web based, it is probably not you. The infected machine that is sending the emails will be someone who uses an email client on their computer like Outlook, Thunderbird, or something similar.

Now, if someone has your web based email password, the quickest way to fix things is to CHANGE THE PASSWORD. You can do this with most accounts even if you do not have access to the account.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Speaking from someone who this happened to with Yahoo mail, the first thing you want to check is with your ISP provider. Have them check how many emails are going out based on your account (not nessesarily your actual emal address)!!!! It may be that your account picked up an embedded trojan or virus that basically use's your machine as a spam factory and you won't even know it!!!!!!!!!!

When I found out about mine, my ISP turned off my internet access less than 30 minutes after I had it installed, because my machine had sent out over 100,000+ spam emails. The laptop was my son's old one and it had one really buried in the hard drive, even knowing computers I didn't find it for several months. I had purchased a new one right after it happened.

If you have been clicking on links about Bin Laden you may have picked up a bunch of trojans/virus's as hackers are using them big time to spread havoc. kbproctor is 100% correct about email clients!!! Outlook and Hotmail are two of the biggest culprits and clicking on links in Facebook and Twitter (Notice I didn't say the sites themselves as they've gotten better), that you're not sure of are culprits.

+ Reply to Thread