Use the guide service at Lopstick. The river is fairly easy to read, so you will probably only need them for a day. Fish are stocked regularly, and the fishing, generally, is not too technical. Caddis are prevalent in summer, so have EHC and Sparkle Pupa in sizes 12 - 18. Other good flies are Copper John (red & copper), Olive Wooly Bugger, Humpy, and BWO. In the early AM, you might want to try streamers. Black and Grey Ghosts would be my choice.....you might just hook into a really good brookie or landlock. If you are experienced, you will likely not even need a guide. Download a map of the 'Trophy Stretch" of the river from Lopstck. Access points are at Fist Lake Dam, Carr Ridge Bridge, Perry Stream, and Lake Francis State Campground. Just drive down River Road (off rte 3), and pick a spot. For a beginner, I would suggest the section from the Carr Ridge Bridge to Doc's Pool. The river will likely be very crowded that time of year, especially on weekends. In order to beat the crowds, plan to fish early and late. Start at first light, relax during the middle of the day, and fish from late afternoon till dark. I have fished that area since the late sixties, but due to my wife's illness, I likely won't make it this year........catch a few for me!