Thanks Dan. I have some McGuires Tech Wax that is really great on the cars. Deep shine and super smooth. I think I will give it a try. Big thing i woory about is the exposure to uv at the lake as the mooring slip is really just a rail along the lake shore so the canoe is belly up chained to the rail when not in use. So far it doesn't show any fading but you know how damaging uv is over years of expsure. Using a cover at the lake side slip is out of the question. While there aren't many issues with stuff disappearing there that would probably walk off on it's own if you get my drift.

I know the Mcguires has a good uv blocker in it but i wanted to see what else you guys or gals use on your gear. I appreciate the input. Taking care of water craft pays off big time come trade in time too.

I am also considering a Keel guard or are those just a waste of money? I am good enough with resins and glass that i can do reasonable bodey work so I could probably lay one on myself. I just thought one of the factory jobs might look neater and be a little easier to put on.