A few years ago at a show I was attending, Chris Helm turned me onto a head cement. Fly-Tite. by Fly-Rite, Inc, 7421 South Beyer Rd. Frankenmuth, MI 48734. phone # 989-652-9869. All other head cements I have used in the past eventually solidify in my applicator. Clog up the fine hole and or need a thinner of some kind. This stuff does not cause me any problems at all. Never have I needed to add a solvent. He also put me onto a cyanoacrylate ester (super glue) that dries in 4 seconds. It is produced by Carlson Tackle Co. Called FISHIN' GLUE" I use this when I want something glued quickly and where I do not want to wait. Has a funnel shaped snout on it and has a small brush. I snip off one half of the bristles on the brush which is attached in the lid. Never in several years of use have I experienced any problems with either of these.
If I am tying a fly that I think the head needs to be shinney, I might use the Sally Hansen's. All other products on the market do not compare for me today. I tie a lot of flies per year.
For anyone that wants more info on either of these two products, e-mail me. I do not sell them, just a more than satisfied customer.

Denny