Hi all,
I got back a little while ago. Got skunked but had a lot of fun doing it. I hit Holman Lake at Little Buffalo State Park. I an exhausted but totally relaxed. sure is something how just a few hours on the water does a soul so much good.

I talked to some spin fishers there. One of them landed a nice gill but that was all I saw caught. They were catching crappies there earlier with some little chartreuse jigs so it is time for the longer rod with some Al's Crappie Candy.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I got back into a good casting stroke after such a long time off. I think the bad back may actually be helping me there. It forces me to slow down, concentrate on my stroke and use less energy. Maybe it's because I just finally got to relax.

I stayed until my legs went numb from my back. As I was putting my gear back into the car I heard both Osprey and Bald Eagle calling but they were on the nests up along the ridge line. I did take a few shots I hope you all enjoy maybe you can help me identify the insect cases in the one of the rock I pulled from a small stream. There were what looked like tricos and little black stone flies hatching. Click on the pictures to see full size:

Bug casings on a rock:
P3150003.jpg

P3150003-1.jpg

P3150002.jpg

P3150004.jpg