DO NOT READ THIS POST! SKIP IT!

Date: 3-3-2011
Ponds were 99% Ice Covered
Time Fished: Didn't even get the rod out of the car
Species Sought: anything with fins that was ALIVE
Species Caught: I ALMOST got some mushy fish parts on my shoes, but think I managed to avoid stepping on them. We'll find out for sure at tonight's Central Iowa Anglers meeting.

So...more ice on the ponds than I expected. Lots of dead fish....didn't expect that either, since there were pictures of living fish from there just a couple weeks ago.
I had eaten most of my lunch in the car on the way over, and briefly I was tempted to cough it back up from the piscivorous bouquet on the breeze.
If you've just eaten, you may NOT want to see the pics below. This is the ONLY warning you will get.
Also, you might want to avoid the area for awhile as the temps continue to rise.
Amongst the deceased along the boat ramp area, I spotted 2 bluegills, 4 white bass...the rest appeared to be almost all shad, with the occasional drum, carp, and buffalo for variety.

I know what you're thinking...and "You're Welcome"!

Now, moving on. Here's some pics of the river by the rocky island just out /downstream from "The Cut":

And...there were a few eagles flying around. This one was sitting in a tree across the river. Handheld camera, low zoom capability...YOU GET WHAT YOU GET as far as the picture goes.