+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on anchoring

Hybrid View

Chuck that looks like a great idea. I did see a mini bait casting reel at Basspro this weekend that might just work for what I need it for. I also thought about using a new braid line to get the strength I will need in a small dia line. Right now just thoughts, but it will be tested in mid March. http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...10567/-1758778
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

I stopped into a local consignment shop last week. They had a couple of saltwater level wind reels for sales. They were under $10 each. A big ole Penn level wind is practically a winch and would probably serve you well. Here's a deal on ebay that may be just what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENN-Senator-4-0...item4cf5590126
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Steve,

Becareful of the zip ties. I tried to use them on my anchor line. I had a pulley that i wanted the line to run through, and I zip tied the pulley. One tug on the anchor line and the zip tie broke. I've been told since then that there are good and there are cheap zip ties. I reworked my line and haven't tried them since, so I dont' know. But i'd be leary or using a zip tie to hold my reel on. Someone else may know more and be able to tell you more about them.

hope that helps,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

I would not use zip ties either ...just this week I had one fail myself on something while fishing...it was military grade zip tie and I had put full faith in it...it broke in 5 minutes and my entire day was compromised because I wasnt prepare for it...good luck on the project...I like the evolution of the solution and waiting to see the final decision

i was just thinking, I bought a retractable dog leash for this same project, but couldn't figure out a good way to mount it. I don't think it would be strong enough to pull in the anchor without help, but it would store the rope.

just a thought,
    hNt

PS i'm at work right now, and should probably be thinking about something else. lol
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

try a alvey reel holds 550 yds of 30 lb.550c5.jpg
    sandfly/bob
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215
    I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing ghillie..

+ Reply to Thread