+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orvis Silver Label Rod

Seems to me they owe you what was warrented when you piad for it upon purchase of the rod...and you certianly did pay for it!!!

Seems a pretty standard practice that they traded up for quite a few others....call and talk with them...hopefully a different one of them....I would also print this whole thread out and mail it (A coppy) to them if they just don't seem to grasp how many times they've offered equal or greater value rods in this instance....Good Luck ,Good Sir.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Trident TL versus the Silver Label:

The TLS was indeed the replacement for the Silver Label, and they were both in the same price range.

At the time that Orvis came out with the T3 they also did away with the Silver Label. The T3 replaced the Trident "TL" which was previously their top of the line rod. At the same time they introduced the Trident "TLS" which was built on the "TL" blank but had lesser cosmetics including a somewhat less fancy reel seat and it didn't have the titanium guides. In effect it was actually a step up from the the technology used in the Silver Label rod blank and it is considered to be a better rod. I suspect the "S" added to the "TL" was a nod to the "silver" in the line it replaced.

sjh,

Thank You! for the info. My curiosity is satisfied.

Mark

------------------
    Trout must be Gods favorite fish cause He put them into His most beautiful waters.
    (plagiarized qoute)

In addition to the TLS, they also phased them out and introduce the Power Matrix TLS with the same tech as the T3. Not the same material, but fusing to different materials, plus I love it's reel seat and the color, a girl thing.
    I don't know about the switch to the super fines, but worth a try, the worse that could happen is they will say NO and that won't hurt you.

[This message has been edited by Fly Goddess (edited 12 February 2006).]

Good idea Billknepp, and I have sent them a copy of this thread to show them how important many anglers consider their warranty.

It may just be my local Orvis shop that is the problem, but hopefully this will help. I sure would like to get my rod back, or a reasonable sustitute.

Thanks for the ideas.

the clearwater rod is not a decent replacement for the silver label...the silver labels are much better.Dont accept their offer!

New Development. After submitting this thread to Orvis along with my complaint about their offer, they now say that while they had assigned a number to my repair, they have not yet even received the rod to make a determination as to whether it could be fixed. They also state that if it can't, they offer the TLS Power Matrix as a replacement rod for the Silver Label. The truth is getting lost somewhere. It may be my local Orvis shop, or the big guys. I'll post the final resolution when I have it.
    Thanks for all the help.

I had the same problem with Orvis a while back. They replaced two broken Tridents with two T3s. Since the Tridents were the top of the line when I bought them, I thought I should get the new Zero Gravitys as replacements. I did not.

Just another example of poor customer service at what was once the best flyfishing company in business, IMHO.

I do not do business with Orvis any longer.

------------------
    Ken

"The memory of a fisherman is more like fiction than journalism, that is, it doesn't ignore the facts, but it is not entirely bound by them, either."

John Gierach

kphume,
    Sorry to hear you thought you were wronged, but, the T3 is the equal replacement for the TL. Personally I thing you were reaching for the Zero. It is brand new and a class of it's own (in the Orvis line anyway)
    The idea is equal, not up grade.
    Sorry, my feelings, saw a lot of you owe me while working at Orvis.
    As far as the repair, they could be backed up, but it sounds like they said what I said, the Power Matrix.
    I worked with DICK's at my store also, that put a whole new meaning to SALE. Don't blame the Co. for these guys, but report them. I wish someone had the guy I worked with, I feel he is 75% the reason my store closed.

[This message has been edited by Fly Goddess (edited 13 February 2006).]

kphume wrote:

"I had the same problem with Orvis a while back. They replaced two broken Tridents with two T3s. Since the Tridents were the top of the line when I bought them, I thought I should get the new Zero Gravitys as replacements."

Wow Ken,

Can't believe you feel like you got the shaft on that deal... might have been worse, they could have replaced with the the TLS Power Matrix. My opinion is that you made out very well on that deal.

The T3 was a major advancement in the industry. A lot of folks had many good things to say about the rod when it came out. I have the T3 6wt and I love it.

There's no way Orvis or any other rod company is going to replace a broken rod with thier newest product. Thier trying to make money on the new products. It also protects them from those that would break rods intentionally in hopes of getting the latest rod that comes out.

just my 2..........
    ---------
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread