+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who cares? (not FF)

Default Who cares? (not FF)

This is just a rant against the news media and their priorities.
    Who cares if Lindsy Lohan goes to jail, Charlie Sheen is back
    in rehab or if some other so and so gets a new tattoo? Is there
    so little going on in the world today that these things have to be
    reported over and over?
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Normand Guest

justin bieber and jennifer aniston cut their hair!!!

who the %^&* cares!!

william and kate - just let them get married and leave them alone
    Last edited by Normand; 02-24-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

And who are you guys talking about?
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

I totally agree with you and it is a shame that the news media has gone down the same road as most other things in this high tech world. News reporters, weathermen/women, some doctors, some lawyers, some fly fishers, some golfers, baseball players, football players and the list could go on and on.....It is not enough anymore to just do you job well, you have to be the best and in the "lime light". There is a driving rage to be at the top of everything and to be better than anyone else in your job/sport. There is a driving rage to be better than anyone else in your job/sport. Ratings are the "thing". People are not content with the satisfaction of doing a good job. They want the recognition for doing a good job. They will do whatever it takes to be the "center of attention" and if they have to "beat their own drums" to do it, they will. If they have a manager of their job/sport, most managers recieve an incentive for promoting their "client" and they will do whatever it takes to keep their "client" in the "lime light". They want you to see their "client's" name everywhere so you will not forget them and keep checking in to see what the latest news/trash their client is involved in. It is all about being the "most" popular. Everyone is competing against each other for your attention and this will increase their ratings. Let's face it, if there is nothing going on, the news media would make it a big thing that the leaves fall off trees in the fall.

I just scan the "cut lines" for each "great" story and only read the "real" news that deals with the everyday happenings that will affect my life or family. All the rest is just the "commercial" between the world happenings.

I feel your pain and agree....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Just in beaver? Who's beaver?

Bob,

He's that kid everyone leaves it too. He has a brother, Wally. Watch out for Wally's creepy friend, Eddie Haskell.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Cold Guest

There is a driving rage to be at the top of everything and to be better than anyone else in your job/sport. There is a driving rage to be better than anyone else in your job/sport.
    That's capitalism.

While I agree that the news is a joke (and dont kid yourselves, old timers, its been that way for a while), in the business of celebrity, especially now, if you aren't in the headlines, you don't exist. Let's face it here, how many of us would even know names like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, or Stefani Germanotta if their names weren't all over the place. It's infectious fame. And while some have talent, many now are simply famous because they're famous. In a position like that, you depend on people talking about you, and to accomplish that, you need to get your name out there in any way possible.

Is it right? Well, that's subjective. But the truth of it is that it only exists because we, the people ,make a market for it.

The sad truth is, this junk is in the news because is sells. I've seen more more news teasers on Bieber's haircut than on the earthquake in New Zealand. Why? Because he sells.

REE, come on now...we all have a friend or aquaintance like Eddie Haskell somewhere. He's not really that creepy...well...okay, I think maybe you are right.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

That's what I'm talking about Ron. If Eddie Haskell went to jail or rehab, it would've been kept on the downlow to protect him, his family and the Cleavers.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

The world is in chaos and this is our concerns?????

+ Reply to Thread