the parts are aluminum and corrosion resistant...as a guide I use the heck out of mine at times and I must confess that I wash maybe 1 time a yr if lucky and bored...the black paint can/will come off of the rear bracket on the 14ft model...it comes off in 1 piece like there is a chemical reaction between it and the paint over time...that being said it is still OK...the part is shiny and the paint was purely for looks anyway...mine get heavy saltwater use also...the leaning rail on the 12ft is different than the 14ft which is a 1pc...I just pulled it together really tight and then electrical taped the securing strap tight to keep my flyline from going into the adjustment buckle as you can see from the picture...it is secure and still very tight but I really dont use the bar much except to hold my platform...the stripping platforms are just PVC and plastic fence...however, recent developements keep me from divulging all the secrets lol...just copy the pictures OR wait just a little more because I am sending Freedom Hawk one this week to test and giving price for 24 at a time for resale