Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
The only problem with the new regs is enlightenment and enforcement. This is a massive amount of two rivers to patrol. There isn't a chance in you-know-what that the WCO's can handle much more than a few cursory visits to boat launches.

As far as letting the public know, I can't begin to tell you how many fishermen I encountered on the river that had no idea that where we were fishing, already had restricted harvest regulations due to the Big Bass Program. Signage helps but there are tons of access points to place signs and of course there are the morons who rip them down as if by doing so they can plead ignorance. Fortunately I've seen very little harvest regardless.

It's a good step that may help a little although I believe the problem will take a long time to correct itself. Unfortunately the best thing for the river is the least popular or convenient, a voluntary bass fishing moratorium. Mine began in 2008.
A huge amount of water it is indeed. The local W.C.O. says they are counting on guys like me and you to report anything we see. I will without hesitation. Personally I would like to see at least all bass tournaments completely suspended until further notice. I am not knocking folks that fish bait or lures as I do it some myself but the tournaments are hard on the fish even if they are catch - immediate weigh - immediate release. I thought perhaps add a barb-less hook or circle hook reg should have been done too at least for the tournaments. Anyone that has been injured by a bass tail walking and throwing that top water plug at you knows the wisdom of mashing down those barbs.