+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warnings!

Hybrid View

Have about 12 inches of snow,still snowing hard .Road grader came thru and now have a 4 foot tall snowbank blocking our driveway,will try to shovel out when the snow stops here in Okla.

Calling for ice in the morning, maybe a half inch of it. I need to run out to the store after work to stock up on essentials...hooks, feathers and fur. Who knows how long we will be trapped at home.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Groundhog Day at a local County Park scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled. Safety of public coming to event is a concern. Wonder if Grover the groundhog will be able to come up through the ice to look around. Be safe all.

4. Default

We had about a foot on the flat before the wind picked up, here in SW MO. Now I've got a 2' drift on my drive way. State snow plow KOed my mail box & global warming is way over rated. All is not lost! Got some adult kool-aid, plenty of tying stuff & it's fly fishing tuesday on TV. What? Me wory? Spring's just around the corner!

Seriously, alittle situational awareness doesen't hurt. Be safe. Thght lines

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shortcaster View Post
    We had about a foot on the flat before the wind picked up, here in SW MO. Now I've got a 2' drift on my drive way. State snow plow KOed my mail box & global warming is way over rated. All is not lost! Got some adult kool-aid, plenty of tying stuff & it's fly fishing tuesday on TV. What? Me wiry? Spring's just around the corner!

Seriously, alittle situational awareness doesn't hurt. Be safe. Thought lines
    Actually not seeing his shadow is what you want. Worry not for they have him in special burrow where they pull him out via a chain. I hope he gets mad and bites one of them again. Serves them right! That is quiet a party by the way. Come on up sometime and we will meet ohiotuber there.

It's not looking real good for Phil coming out of his den or seeing his shadow tomorrow.
    Ground Hog Forecast.jpg
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I just cant see how you people can even breath at those temps.....my gosh.....its 17 degrees as we speak .....and 0 windchill and even my dog has to lay on my feet to keep us both warm......ya''ll must be tuffer than an old boot
    I can't seem ta find the sweet taste of the stream

Blog Entries

It's -10 outside now with a wind chill of -29. I was going to run and pick up pizza but the battery was dead on the truck. Danged Optima battery failed me after about 14 years. Put the battery charger on it and took the Boss's car. She must have really wanted pizza because she told me to take it knowing the seat, mirrors, steering wheel, and anything else that can be adjusted will have to be re-adjusted. Anyway, I will respectfully submit that I agree that it is more than a little brisk out there. If this keeps up, I may need to get out the long underwear and a heavy coat.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

The Ladyfisher lived in Montana for a number of years before she retreated to the coast of Washington. Just before Christmas in 1983 I walked to my job at the courthouse in Livingston, Montana and the temperature was a brisk 50 below zero - without any wind. In the late 80's we had a cold front move in and the temperature went from 40 degrees above zero down to 0 in a matter of a few minutes. You could see the front approaching and as it swept through town and my neighbor was looking out her window and the window instantly frosted over. It only got down to 35 below that time.

The Chronicler

Well it is supposed to be fairly decent tomorrow in Lander Wyoming, so Lander Lil may make her prediction for the coming months, we'll see.
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread