+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AMERICA'S WOUNDED WARRIORS - Healing through Fly Fishing - EOTG - January 24, 2011

Hybrid View

Tom Travis has been involved I believe from the beginning and he is a vet as well, and his son and his wife are currently serving in the Army in Afghanistan. Needless tosay Trav and I are very proud of them all. We were still in Montana when this specific one happened and knew it would be coming as an article when Tom could manage it. I don't care which of the programs you support, but I sure do hope and pray you support one. It's very small "thanks" for the service these folks gave.

I am darn proud of all of you...
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

nighthawk Guest

Lets make that a click-able link to their site:

http://warriorsandquietwaters.org/

There that is better. Hope it helps.

God bless the folks involved in all of these organizations.

I'm glad y'all get it. I just had to say something. But now I have to say something else:

You can pass whatever blessing you might wish for me on to those wounded and to the families of the dead. I'm fine. And with our help, maybe...just maybe...some of these guys and gals will someday have the same attitude when someone tries to thank them for helping the next generation that returns home broken and battered from fighting their nation's war.

I don't want people to thank us. I don't want people to praise or notice us. I want people to HELP us!

LF, the Army family is amazingly "small" for as big and chaotic of an organization as it is. I had a brief email exchange w/Tom's daughter as she was preparing to leave for Afghanistan this time. I thought that wa kind of cool.

what i really want to say is a heartfelt thank you to ALL the organizations, EVERY one of them, from the guides who take time out ,event staff who miss work to volunteer and people behind the scenes to help out this countrys DAV's and their familys. it's this kind of love that makes this country great. my 2 cents ,
    best,
    heinrich
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

+ Reply to Thread