Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
Trees in Rv parks are as uncommon as big fish on my line - I think because park owners never allow for quite enough room and so the trees get clipped by inexperienced people driving big rigs, or else they clear them all in the beginning to make more room for parking. I've seen a few, and patronize them when possible.
Most of the sites have a tree, or two, which are/were larger than they might appear to be in the pictures, and while they are certainly not dense by any means, there is a bit of shade. Unfortunately, a number of the mountain ash trees in the park and elsewhere in that part of MT were hit by an unusually early freeze and thaw last spring which defoliated many of their leaves last summer, and we'll have to wait until this spring to see if they survivied.

As is the case all along the Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, most of the trees - Cottonwoods and Westerm Red Cedars, among others, grow close to the river, and the RV park here is no exception. - That was fortunately the case several summers ago when an elderly guy staying in the RV park stepped on the gas in his car when he intended to step on the brake, and was saved from going straight into the river by a large cottonwood treem growing a few feet from the river's edge.