+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenkara newbie

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    Gig,

From the news reports we get here in the states, the waters are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy high in Australia, as in severe flooding. Is that affecting your area?

Hoping your staying dry,

REE
    Yes the floods hit my home town first but luckily i was not effected as i live in a higher estate. Alot of our roads were flooded and a 20 minute drive to work ended in an 1hr detour. The X wife and my children unfortunately got flooded but with the aid of a few friends we cleaned up quickly but unfortunately they lost everything but lucky she was insured.

Glad to hear you are safe and dry. Sorry to hear the X and kids lost everything in the flooding. My home was flooded twice when I was a kid. Lost a lot of childhood memories in those floods. Hope the waters drop soon and life can get back to somewhat normal.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

The flooding is going up to 14 meters now and its reaping havoc with homes, grops and livestock. All this because the greenies did not want dams built, wankers. Anyway, hopefully our government will learn from this gatastrophy.

Hey Gig,
    Have you used your Tenkara Wakata yet? I was hoping you would give me a good report on it as I'm thinking of trying it for my first Tenkara to see if I like that style of fishing !! I think it looks like a lot of fun!!

Thanks Buddy,
    DragonFly

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
    Hey Gig,
    Have you used your Tenkara Wakata yet? I was hoping you would give me a good report on it as I'm thinking of trying it for my first Tenkara to see if I like that style of fishing !! I think it looks like a lot of fun!!

Thanks Buddy,
    DragonFly
    No not yet, rivers and streams have been up down under (Australia) with all our flooding. But as soon as i get the opportunity I will report on the rod

+ Reply to Thread