Thread: That time of year again

Threaded View

Well good luck fishdog, I was able to keep myself out of the muzzle loading season this year, shot a nice spikehorn about a month ago. Wish we had more pheasant in Maine, i've seen them in a few places but never in an area I could hunt. I see you're from Shamokin, a friend of mine from college is from there.

MSD That's the same way I learned to tie tandem streamers. We use alot of white bucktail or marabou streamers usually do pretty good. I've always wanted to fish sebago haven't got myself down there yet. If you get the chance to get out on Cathance lake in Cooper it's worth it me and a buddy of mine last year one day caught 19 salmon all around 18'' or better. We couldn't catch any of the nice brookies people have been pulling out of there, but if you decide to go out there and troll a smelt on your fly does wonders.

Eightthumbs I got to tie myself up some nymphs as well didn't fish with the fly rod as much as I wanted to last year, but hopefully this coming year will be a little different, we'll see after ice fishing ends.

p.s. I've actually taken to using size 10 aberdeen style hooks by eagle claw. They are a cheaper and work just as well if you are trolling the fly. I haven't painted eyes on mine but I may have to try that, what do you use for paint?
    Last edited by Derik; 12-14-2010 at 01:13 AM.