+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dear Sweet Pepper

Hybrid View

Default My Dear Sweet Pepper

REST IN PEACE SWEET PEPPER
    Today my dear sweet Pepper went to heaven. Pepper left a big hole in my heart, she was sweet, obedient, alert, loving and lovable. I.m missing her terribly.

"There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Wes,

I know how tuff this is to go through. Been there 3 times in my life and feel I will be going through it again within the year. It is hard to deal with, but, continue to think of the joy they gave and the peace they are now in.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Wes

Sorry to hear about your Pepper!!! My lab has the same name and I dread when the day comes I have to let her go. Think of all the good times you spent together and let that help you get through your loss.

Fatman

Wes, I'm so sorry for your loss. One reason I could never have a dog, I get way too attached and I don't think I could bare the pain. hang in there!

Wes,

I know how you must feel... hang tuff fond memories will help very much in time,

Be safe

Steve

My dear Wes,
    I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

So sorry Wes, been there too many times. Keep the good memories, I know there are a lot of them.
    Hugs,
    LF

Wes,

So sorry to hear about Pepper.

I was in the same place two years ago when my companion of 15 years, Cuhee, and Australian Kelpie, had to be put down. I had my 17 year old cat that thinks I'm her personal human petting machine, but that just isn't the same as a dog. Fortunately, Z, let me scratch and pet Miss Lady, his adorable Black Lab, but that just isn't the same either. Cuhee left such a hole in my soul, it had to be filled with another dog. Enter, Ghillie, our English Springer Spaniel. We got him when he was 12 weeks old and he is my buddy, like only a dog can be. Now at two years old he thinks he's a fifty pound lap dog. His favorite spot to sleep is in my lap in the recliner, his favorite spot to eat his treats is in my lap, his favorite spot to give himself a bath is in my lap.

When the time is right, let another good friend enter your life, you won't be sorry.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Bass_Bug Guest

Sorry to hear the news. I have a 13 year old cat and I know her time is coming. We had a pet rabbit we raised from a bunny. When he died several years ago I clipped a small portion of his fur and tied a tribute fly out of it.

Blog Entries

Wes, the picture you posted has "sweet pup" written all over it. I know that you will miss her. I still miss dogs gone since my youth. But I suspect her time with you was worth it. Dogs are like that. They are members of the family. It is, I think, their keenest desire.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread