Quote Originally Posted by turvy View Post
I was fishing for smallies out of a boat last fall and happened upon two guys in a canoe still fishing with minnows and bobbers. As I was upstream from them I caught and released three nice crappie and as I went by them they asked what I was catching them on. I told them a clouser and they didn't have a clue. I then said it was a minnow imitation and they didn't believe me because they were fishing with real minnows and not catching anything.
I threw a clouser beside their canoe moved it a couple of feet so they could see the motion. They saw a flash and I had another crappie on. I caught and released two more downstream from them. I don't know if they were impressed or upset, but it was fun!
Yep! My son and I had the same thing happen a few years back. We were on a prairie lake in central MN and unbeknownst to us we were being watched by a game warden as we took many a fish on small Clousers. We put them all back too only I guess he didn't see that as he came over and asked to look inside my live well.

I took another right as he pulled up and let it go. He didn't believe me as he peeked inside the two live wells on my boat!

I also told him a Clouser took them...just hair and lead eyes I said. He just smiled and said not to tell "...those two other guys in the boat over there..." then left!

Jeremy.