Guys,

While all of these fancy names and such may mean something to each of you, remember they are not in any way descriptive..one reason that photos are nice, since what may be called Bill's Pride of Invention in Clark County may be called Missy's Misstep in Missoula....and the pattern that your friend 'invented' last week was probably tied by another fellow fifty years ago and called something else....

EVERY fly that uses any material wrapped on it's shank can have that material replaced by peacock herl. Why that requires a new name is beyond me, but that's just how it's been done for decades.

I'd even argue that doing so on ANY fly will make it more effective most times. Peacock herl is amazing stuff.

So if you have lots of herl, use it anywhere you want on any fly you tie. it will work.

Please just don't come up with another useless name....

And please try this simple recipe. It's caught thousands of trout, bass, and bluegills in eight states for twenty years for me:

Hook: any
Tail: any fiber or none, color of choice (I generally use black feather fibers of some sort, but it's not critical)
Body: peacock herl

You can also add a bead head if you want.

Works on trout everywhere they see it.

Buddy