+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: An East Tennessee Gathering

Talking

The Sun Set is 7:09 Friday so lets figure on 7:30 for the meet and greet in the 2 bedroom cabin.

I plan on arriveing Friday morning for a little fishing and back to the Motel in time for check in (or later depending on the fishing). What's this about a "pot luck" I see? What should we bring?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymojo View Post
    I plan on arriveing Friday morning for a little fishing and back to the Motel in time for check in (or later depending on the fishing). What's this about a "pot luck" I see? What should we bring?

Bob
    Bob,
    Usually for the Michigan Fish Ins, our meet and greet potluck is just finger foods, and munchies, sweets, that sort of stuff. Everyone brings their own drinks. Of course, when Joe the dough God is there we get fresh bread too.
    Jean

Fly tying supplies make the best quilt embellishments!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I thought I posted this before, but I can't find it, so I'll do it again. My wife, Sue, and I will be arriving Thursday morning around noon. We are in Room #2.

Someone stole my Scientific Anglers 5 wt rod and reel out of my canoe today (I only left for a minute to pull the van up to the ramp), at the Hiawassee River, so I'll have to be using my antique bamboo fly rod (made in 1955). My other option is to use my fiberglass Shakespeare featherlite 6' rod (it's 30 years old). I really don't want to use my 8/9 wt rod for trout. If they needed my rod bad enough to steal it, I hope it brings them as much pleasure as it did me.

We are really looking forward to this.

See ya there.

Hey Gig

Don't worry about having a rod to fish with...I always bring enough to stock a small shop! I'll loan you one for the weekend. If you are lucky, I might let you use the Ear Piercer!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    Hey Gig

Don't worry about having a rod to fish with...I always bring enough to stock a small shop! I'll loan you one for the weekend. If you are lucky, I might let you use the Ear Piercer!

Brad
    Good thing Vicki is coming...
    ..................................with her first aid kit!!!

I am very happy and excited to tell you all that there were 3 "problems" which caused me to cancel our reservations 7 days in advance. The only way to cancel and not lose your money was to do it within 7 days of your reservation. Deb and I have worked out 2 of the 3 problems and are working hard to solve the 3rd problem. I called Dock's Motel this morning and our room was still available and I booked it! So, all we have to do is solve the 3rd problem and we are good to go. I am really "pumped" for this "gathering"! Deb and I both need it. We will arrive on Thursday, but, I am not sure exactly what time, but, it will be Thursday!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks. I appreciate your generosity.

I have 2 other trout rods to fish with, but, as luck would have it, that was the one I use most of the time. It's been a while since I've fished in the Smokies, but if memory serves me, I think the 6-1/2 foot rod would be better anyway. I seem to remember doing a lot of Roll Casting with nymphs last time. I also remember doing a light of High Stick nymphing, as well, so my bamboo would be fine for that.

I've tied up a few October Caddis nymphs just for this trip. I am going to test them Sunday on the Hiawassee. I probably need to tie some flying ants as well.

This is going to be great.

When in doubt....use a Wooley Bugger...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    Hey Gig

Brad

Great news. The police caught the jerk who stole my fly rod, and it is now back home, and waiting to go to Townsend.

I have a friend I fish with sometimes, who owns a local Pawn Shop. When the Butthead-in-Question came into his Pawn Shop to pawn a fly rod and reel, my friend recognized it as mine, and called the police. he delayed the thief until the police arrived, and busted him. Then, he called me, and told me he had my rod and reel. I owe him big -time..... Since they caught him in the act, they don't need my fly rod for evidence. I think they should make him go out and pick up all the trash, and refuse at the rivers, and lake. Then, the judge should make him take fly fishing lessons as a condition of his probation, so he will learn the gravity of his offense.

I'm deliriously happy to be reunited with 'Isaak' (that's it's name). It's not a high-end rig, but we've caught a lot of fish, and had lots of adventures together. Now, I am really ready for the Gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
    Great news. The police caught the jerk who stole my fly rod, and it is now back home, and waiting to go to Townsend.

I have a friend I fish with sometimes, who owns a local Pawn Shop. When the Butthead-in-Question came into his Pawn Shop to pawn a fly rod and reel, my friend recognized it as mine, and called the police. he delayed the thief until the police arrived, and busted him. Then, he called me, and told me he had my rod and reel. I owe him big -time..... Since they caught him in the act, they don't need my fly rod for evidence. I think they should make him go out and pick up all the trash, and refuse at the rivers, and lake. Then, the judge should make him take fly fishing lessons as a condition of his probation, so he will learn the gravity of his offense.

I'm deliriously happy to be reunited with 'Isaak' (that's it's name). It's not a high-end rig, but we've caught a lot of fish, and had lots of adventures together. Now, I am really ready for the Gathering.
    What fantastic news! Congrats on getting your "go to" outfit back.

To all going to the 'Gathering", have a great time. Sorry I can't be there.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread