Everyone's advice is good and you can't go wrong which ever you choose to do. I fish the Gunnison above Pleasure Park a lot as I only live 20 minutes away. The gunnison is a great place to fish, however I try to avoid the weekends. Maybe I'm anti-social but I don't like crowds and the river can get real busy on nice weekend days after about 10 AM. Early morning is usually better and later afternoon (after 5 PM) until dark is also better. I don't know what day(s) your planning to fish and maybe crowds don't bother you but it's something to keep in mind. I also like to fish the Grand Mesa. If you are driving and can fit in a float tube try Island Lake on the south side of the Mesa (it's located along the side of Hwy. 65). It has Rainbow, brook, and splake and I have had 150 fish days on this lake. Mesa lakes, on the north side of the mesa, can also be good. There is a Forest Service visitors center a short distance south of Island Lake and they sell maps of the Grand Mesa which show all the lakes and roads. Most of the lakes have fish (but not all) and most of the inlet and outlet streams can be good fishing too. Good Luck!