+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whiting 100 Packs

Default Whiting 100 Packs

Does anyone know where I can buy Whiting 100 Packs in sizes 22 & 24 without paying rediculously high mailing rates? Charging $7.95 and $8.95 is a rip-off. 2 packs of those probably don't weight an ounce.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whiting-Farms-10...efaultDomain_0

perhaps others are available - I didn't search too much
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

Hi Steve: Do you know what colors those are? My computer won't allow me to view them.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by skondolf View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Whiting-Farms-10...efaultDomain_0

perhaps others are available - I didn't search too much

Bruce,

Sent you a PM.

Regards,
    Scott

Try calling Little River Outfitters (www.littleriveroutfitters.com). They don't list a lot of tying stuff on the website but they have one of the largest tying selections of any shop I've been in. The good thing - free shipping always.

Check them out, give them a call and see if they have what you're looking for. Good folks there and I do business with them quite a bit.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Years ago I initiated a 'swap' on the Virtual Flybox site (VFB), which was sister website of Linesend, owned by Byard Miller (now a Googlegroups site since Byard's retirement)). I am on the Whiting Pro Staff, so I proposed a 'Whiting Co-op Swap', where groups of 10 swappers (blocks) decided on 10 saddles of whatever type and colors (had to be super-saddles to work). Byard would sell the saddles at shop rate (one per swapper), but pluck them and divide them into 10ths. Then he would send each co-opper 1/10 of 10 saddles for the price of one saddle. Each tenth had 3 to 4 times the feathers that would be in a 100-pak (about 10 hackles). ( As I remember, an average saddle tenth was 35 very long hackles) Therefore each tier was getting 10x variety and 3x quantity for his one saddle price. Byard got to sell very many saddles and it was very successful. Whiting got to sell a lot of saddles. (A swap-meister would keep the 10 skins (soft-hackle remnants) and his hackle-sets for his efforts.)

Someone could post on the swaps page to see if interest could be generated. The 10-group is just a guide. Five swappers could buy 2 spots each and get twice the feathers. If you want more brown, you could have 2 brown saddles. Swappers can also trade off hackle groups, but that gets complicated for the meister- should do that after the swap persoanlly. The swapmeister has to be a trusted, long-time member, known to Deanna and Denny, for security. Swapper's monetary risk is the average price of the 10 saddles chosen.

All swappers were happy with the variety and quantity they recieved for the price of one saddle. There were many, many such 'co-op swaps'.

Where the heck were you able to find sizes 22 and 24? I thought Whiting had stopped making 22s, and I was unaware that they had ever come in size 24.

Whiting makes midge saddles with hackles down to size 32 Mustad.
    I have them in many colors plus I have a midge cree saddle- everything between #20 and #32.
    Dsc00004.jpg
    Size32hackles.jpgnecks.jpg

Check with JStockhard I buy a fair amount of stuff from them and I believe they are a Sponser.
    http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/category/0

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Hi Steve: Do you know what colors those are? My computer won't allow me to view them.
    Bruce
    no idea on the color - I just did a quick search on Ebay. I'm sure you could email the seller and ask directly and also see if he has other sizes that you might need.
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

+ Reply to Thread