Here's the 'juice-bug' Mysis shrimp adaptation to a saltwater pattern for under the docks at night on Florida's east coast. I swapped from Jelly-rope to clear medical tubing for durability and to allow for a little larger size. The tubing is still soft and flexible for the correct feel on the take. I also make tiny cuts on the top side with a razor blade to create segments and more flexibility on the take. (do this 1st before tying it down. LOL). Also, along with the vinyl cement, the UV cured Loon's wader repair goop is good for covering over the shell, thread, and eyes.
First is the Saltwater mysis (note heavy hook for snook) and then the freshwater version. I'll be posting more saltie versions as I get them accomplished properly.
The salt version has some pink since that seems to be a triggering color at times. Note that this is a 'holding pattern' for fishing dead-drift in moving water, as in a tide.
They are fished 'up-drift' of the docks and allowed to dead-drift into the light below the dock where the snook wait for it. So the shrimp are drifting face-forward like a normal shrimp swims and thus are not to be stripped. Just a twitch is needed at the edge of the light to catch the eye of the fish waiting in ambush.
Salt Mysis 1- 800.jpgExtended body mysis shrimp.jpg