+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folded foam and props...

Default Pete's Prop Fly

There is one, only one fly pattern in the FAOL Archives, that is a propeller style fly pattern.

ppfly.jpg
    Pete's Prop Fly
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...022100fotw.php

I hope that the Fly Of the Week Pattern helps in your benchside work.... ~Parnelli

Before moving to Georgia, I primarily fished for bass with spinning and bait casting equipment so my thinking is somewhat affected by those lures. Look at the Smithwick Devil Horse, the Heddon Torpedo, and similar lures. You can go to the Bass Pro website and see them all I would imagine.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for your ideas. I think the Smithwick Devil Horse is something closer to what I had in mind. I looked at all three patterns. I like the Heddon Torpedo design too. I think I might try something along the lines of all of them, and see what happens. I have already made flies in the past with propellers, and did pretty good with them. That is why I wanted to use them on the wooden flies. If anyone has old fly wood bait pics, I would like to see them, the vintage patterns like Ray Bergman used to use also.

No pics but I have some wooden prop and lipped flies/lures I've made n use the best tiny torpedo's I've made n use are not wood but deer body packed tightly on long shanked hooks and the props set back just beyond the bend on extended wire shafts... keeps the weight to a minium and very durable.. I carve wooden bodies outta both balsa and bass woods both are light and easy to carve. for lips I like to use old hook boxes alot of the bends and shapes are already molded into them all you need is a pair of scissors..
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread