+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: An East Tennessee Gathering

Talked to the Boss ( wife ) last night she does not want to go but has given me the green light. Paperwork for vacation will be on the boss's ( work ) desk Monday morning. It will take a week or two to get approved then it's time to reserve a room.

Does anyone want to split a room with 2 beds to save on lodging? Drop me a PM or post hear. If not I will snore alone.
    Remember we all live down stream

This is beginning to look like fun but I am woried about you guys. Without Joe V. along to co-ordinate the cooking you may all waste away to nothing.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Jim,

Good to see a post from you! How are you doing and how is "Butterfly"? It was great to finally get to meet you at the Michigan Fish-In and fish with you.

Take care,
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I might do this one. I'm newer to the boards, but this sounds like fun if you guys would have a relative newbie to fly fishing in your midst (today's my one-year anniversary of first getting on a river with a fly rod). I haven't been to the Smokies for more than a day trip since I was a kid and we used to go every summer, but we didn't do any fishing there (regretfully). I'll do some checking, but I think it's feasible and sounds like a heckuva lot of fun.
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger."

- Herbert Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Rcassady View Post
    I might do this one. I'm newer to the boards, but this sounds like fun if you guys would have a relative newbie to fly fishing in your midst (today's my one-year anniversary of first getting on a river with a fly rod). I haven't been to the Smokies for more than a day trip since I was a kid and we used to go every summer, but we didn't do any fishing there (regretfully). I'll do some checking, but I think it's feasible and sounds like a heckuva lot of fun.

Your more than welcome to join in the fun added bonus I might not be the worse caster now LOL.... But I could be.

Two motels I've stayed at in Townsend and can say are clean and decent are Docks (inexpensive, old, but spotless clean and the folks working there are nice and like fishermen) and the Tally Ho (more expensive, but clean and never had any problems with them).

Wow, October, I may have to check about getting off work then. That sounds like it may be a lot of fun. The Smoky Mountains are among my favorite places to fish in the world.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

O.K
    Got our Reservation's in at Docks!
    Jack or John, Jean want's to know if they have A.C.?
    Oh Yeah the shoulders are "Sloooowly" getting less painful.
    Hopefully by then I can Cast.
    Last edited by bdesavage; 07-10-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: BrainFart

Bill so glad to hear you and Jean are going to make it. I wont know if work will let me off till at least Tuesday but hope to see you there.

Bill;
    Dock's has AC.

I think this has gone beyond a simple gethering and renamed a Mini Fish-In!!

We may have to look into a full week in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by scubatim View Post
    Your more than welcome to join in the fun added bonus I might not be the worse caster now LOL.... But I could be.

Just stay 50 f... wait, 100 fee.... no, better make it 250 feet away from me and everybody should make it out with no extra holes in their bodies! HA!

It's gonna depend on whether I can get off work. Do I need to make my reservations now, or what?
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger."

- Herbert Hoover

+ Reply to Thread