Greg,

I have to say that I would probably go with the pop-up camper. It's like a little home away from home. Mine was very comfortable, set up and take down were an absolute breeze. I could have it done in about 15 minutes. The convenience of having everything stowed in the camper was fantastic, back-up, hook-up, and drive away (of course you still have to pack food and clothing, unless you have a place to store clothes in the camper and you don't have to worry about it. As for accessability, who cares if you have to drive 15 or 20 minutes to get to your fishing spot from where you camp when you can essentially be camping in a small hotel room.
As for heating...unless you have some way to insulate the walls, the heater just takes the bite off the cold, but I wouldn't say that it was warm in mine when I used it in the winter time. I always thought that I would someday cut out some of the foam board insulation to fit, and wedge it along the walls inside the camper if I was going to use it in cold weather on a regular basis.
Mine didn't have a comode, but it did have a sink, table and benches, and a 3 burner gas stove. The beds were as comfortable as you could ask for, and it's super nice to be able to get up and walk around. Not to mention the comfort when the weather was too bad to fish, sit around the table and play cards or tie flies.
If you were alone mostly, you might not have a need for one if you could rough it a bit, but if your wife goes with on most of your trips...I'd take the pop-up camper in a heartbeat.

TT.