Thread: Oil Spill

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    I really feel bad about this and for my part I am truly sorry.....
    Steve- like you and most folks- i use fossil fuels...though i try to minimize my use. my point is we all play a part- BUT.

- this particular situation- like many others- could have been avoided- BP made poor decisions in order to save the company money- a terrible lack of forsight-
    that is not your fault!

Plan-A.)
    "The oil well spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills.
    The lack of the device, called an acoustic switch, could amplify concerns over the environmental impact of offshore drilling..." The Wall Street Journal-

Plan B.)
    BP chairman- "said he believes a dome that could be placed over the well is expected to be deployed in six to eight days.
    The dome has been made and workers are finishing the plan to get it deployed, McKay said."
    multiple sources-

had they done everything right-(like maybe had the proper equipment and stuff like the dome plan had been ready in a proactive manner) and there was still a disaster- i could understand your feelings- and i could even empathize w/ the company and its real effort.

we not only use and pay for the product- but as consumers- we should demand that all products come from companys who are responsible for not just the product- but also responsible production when it comes to human lives and the evironment!

we need to change our expectations- even if- for now- it means not changing what we do- but how we do it- until we can find a better way...

i spent my youthful years on the Gulf of Mexico in SW Florida---- i'm just sick over this!

aquabone.
    Last edited by aquabone; 05-03-2010 at 06:37 PM.