+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Heard of a Good Sale on Simms Waders?

I buy waders like I buy fly line. I might like the newest color line that sells for $79 but I will settle for line that last year cost $69 and I can buy it for $25 this year. I would broden your search options to include brands like Patagonia and Cloudveil in addition to Simms. It's like looking for realestate, if you have to have that location, you will pay for it. If you lock yourself into a particular brand and they are not on sale you will pay for it.

Consider other quality options then buy whatever is the biggest bang for the buck right now. This week it could be the Cloudveils, next week the Patagonia or Simms product. Keep your options open. I sent you a PM about a sale.

Rick

Default Bozeman, Montana ....

.... support our State economy and buy Simms.

You know how much I fish, Kelly. Almost all the wade fishing ( except wet wading ) I've done the past three years has been in the same pair of Simms that I bought at Jimmy's. In warmer wader weather, when a bit of leakage makes for more comfort, I can use the older pair of Simms that I bought six years ago.

I've sent the newer pair in a couple times for the $50 refresh / rehab treatment and they come back looking practically new and leak-free for another year.

You can say Simms costs more on the front end than a lot of other brands, and they do. But how many of the other brands can stand up to 100 plus days a year for three or four years and still be usable ?? On the South Fork or the Bitterroot in mid-winter ?? Maybe a couple other brands, and they will be in the same price range as Simms.

John
    The fish are always right.

I would recommend Cloudveil I have had the 8x wader for 2 years (well over 200 days of use) and they are still going strong. They also have a awesome warranty with good customer service.
    http://www.cloudveil.com/mens/anglin...o+wader--9223/
    here is the new model http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/g...ders_2010.aspx

+ Reply to Thread