+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's on tap for opening day

Default What's on tap for opening day

(aha, ... now that I got their confidence with all those other threads ...)

... we know why you use [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum13/HTML/000809.html:101fd]Your Handle[/url:101fd], ... We know [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum13/HTML/000994.html:101fd]What you do[/url:101fd], ... even [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum13/HTML/001025.html:101fd]What you're currently reading[/url:101fd]

even what's for Dinner ...

Finally THE real Question:
    As many of us are "closed for the winter", ... where will opening day be for you??

If you are lucky enough to fish all year, ... well ... where do/did you start the New Year?

For us, we'll explore some new water. The river only opens in June for Salmon, so we'll start out 'soon as possible (can't remember the regs, ... but I think it'll be in May) in the Ste-Marguerite Bay on the Saguenay Fjord here in Quebec (yes, ... in the Salt) for sea trout.

Are you going back to old haunts or exploring something new? Do you usually start out on the same waters?

Yes Cabin Fever is setting in, ... planning opening day is a pleasant way to pass some time

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/015738.html:101fd]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:101fd]

[url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:101fd]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:101fd]

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 31 January 2006).]
    Christopher Chin

Chris;
    It's "Bear Track" campgrounds on the "Little Manistee" A long held Tradition for us.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

I can fish year round on some open waters here in Alberta, so I usually start off the new year by chasing down some big bull trout before concentrating my efforts on the Bow River for the upcoming season.

Brian

------------------
    [url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:c6685]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:c6685]

Season starts here around the time some fellas get frozen out. I fish Pyramid lake for Lahontan Cutthroat trout, from a type of ladder. The ladder is carried into the water about belly button high, then you can climb on top and cast a little farther out. The season opened October 1, but the fishing didn't get good until the river slowed after the floods. Last week my fishing partner caught one that was 27", and later the same day one that was 32". It has been fun!

------------------
    Tension on the line relieves tension on the mind.

Hey Guys,

Got out for the first time this year and for the first time in many, many months due to my back injury slowing me way down.

Had a blast though, and caught and released 7-8 nice Rainbows and long released 4-5 of those slippery guys.

Anyways had a great day here in Phoenix, AZ and it was Sunny and 72 degrees, supposed to get to almost 80 degrees later in the week. We get to fish all year round weather permitting, and as you can see it has been great fishing weather.

Terry
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

yea i here ya there bowcrow
    fish year round on the bow and crowsnest rivers but i cant wait till the spring so i can chase some bulltrout for a month or soo before the mountain streams open. sure its awsome too fish during the winter months but every day i dream of the spring and summer.

I can fish year round luckily. I just get up and go when I feel the urge to really go fishing and the weather isnt too bad LOL Since I work in below zero (fahrenheit) temps 40 hours a week all year, I dont feel like fishing when its too cold but I usually get out a couple times in February and then get serious about fishing in March

------------------
    Take care everyone and cya around. Mark
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Not "closed for winter" here...therefor, when I'm waiting for the "season" to open, I go fishing...of course, I also have the option of going to the darkside and pursuing a little chrome...We are a bit spoiled out here in Oregon...can't really imagine not having the option of fishing...

oh, the other thing I do when waiting for the "season" to open is head up for a little snowboard excitement on the mountain...but, that's about it...except for drinking beer (especially my own), which can take place at the same time as the other two things or by itself...

------------------
    ~Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
    Jack Handy~
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

fcch,
    It's a tradition here...someplace above Yellow Dog Creek on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River.

------------------
    Enjoying life in the North Idaho Panhandle....Psalm 91
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Opening day here in NY is April 1. Mostly likely, I will be on my home river, the Carmans.

+ Reply to Thread