I made the mistake this morning of uttering the W word. As in "at least the wind isn't blowing very hard." Bad bad juju. But I should have known better, it is spring time after all. By the time I arrived at the river for my lunch break I was dealing with 30 mph gusts. Wind seems to usually put the kabosh on dry fly fishing here for the most part but there were a couple sporadic rises across a deep channel I was fishing so I stubbornly stuck to a BWO Sparkle Dun. The wind again made it virtually impossible to place the little fly where it needed to be so I finally gave it up and started blind casting a Skwala adult pattern with a midge pupa dropper. After fighting the wind with this outfit I was about to give up when I noticed a subtle feed in a foam line. I punched the big fly through the wind and landed it upstream of the feed. Sure enough as the Skwala drifted over the fish it dipped down. Fish on the midge...finally. Another nice break and glad the wind didn't completely shut me out.