+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a CROCK, Cabela's!

I would love, more than anything to support my "local" fly shop. Problem is I don't have a "local" fly shop. I live in an area where fly fishing is an anomaly, not the norm, and there's definitely not enough of us here to justify someone opening a shop (yet!). So, for me, it's a little comparison shopping here and there online. Sometimes that lands me at BPS, more often Cabelas, but sometimes I'm able to support someone else's "local" fly shop, if it does mail-order (that's actually what I'd prefer).
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger."

- Herbert Hoover

Blog Entries

I'd love to have one to support also. I'm three hours from an actual fly shop (I think it's still there) and 70 miles from a place that *might* have a zonker strip... which I always seem to be out of... again.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    ... obsession ...
    Calvin Klein has a FF line coming out?

Ed

Lotech, and others who are wondering how to get the fly fishing catalog. I just received the fishing (fly fishermen and women excluded) catalog from Cabela's today, but I really wanted to get the fly fishing catalog. If you go to their website, there's a link on the left hand that says "Cabela's Live Help." I just chattted with a rep, let him know that I would rather get the fly fishing catalog and he pulled up my address and said they'll be sending one out. Fairly painless process.

On a side note, I immediately realized what a mistake I'd made. It's one thing to see stuff on a website, and have to search for what you want. But to have 189 pages of fly fishing gear laid out before and staring me in the face me may be too much temptation to stand.

- Herbert Hoover

Fisherman and 'fly'fisherman'. Regular folks and elitists. the Bible says "be ye separate". I guess I'll have my separate catalogue and be happy. Besides, I don't mind calling fisherman just that...fisherman. I reserve the term angler for those of us who weild the long rod.

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Default Got my fly fishing catalog

Quote Originally Posted by Rcassady View Post
    Lotech, and others who are wondering how to get the fly fishing catalog. I just received the fishing (fly fishermen and women excluded) catalog from Cabela's today, but I really wanted to get the fly fishing catalog. If you go to their website, there's a link on the left hand that says "Cabela's Live Help." I just chattted with a rep, let him know that I would rather get the fly fishing catalog and he pulled up my address and said they'll be sending one out. Fairly painless process.

On a side note, I immediately realized what a mistake I'd made. It's one thing to see stuff on a website, and have to search for what you want. But to have 189 pages of fly fishing gear laid out before and staring me in the face me may be too much temptation to stand.
    So I got my catalog today. So I pick it up and look at it. Apparently, my ordered "Fly Fishing Catalog" magically turned into the "Saltwater Fishing Catalog" somewhere between Cabela's and here.

It wouldn't be a big deal if: a) I lived anywhere near a body of saltwater; and b) I had been to a beach more than once in my life.

I'm gonna give this one more try. A majority of my gear has been ordered from Cabela's and I've always been pleased with them, but this catalog issue is just getting hilarious.

- Herbert Hoover

They are great catalogs. I sometimes have to get 2, especially when I wear the first one out.
    Kind Regards,
    Charlie1947

Well folks, my fly fishing catalog arrived today. I'm now a slightly happier camper. Humbler too, with apologies to Cabela's.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

LOL! Actually I sort of did the same thing when I went through my Fly Fishing Catalog. I said WT?....where's the rod blanks and rod building stuff??? THEN I remembered that it comes in it's very own Rod Building catalog. D'uh!! You gotta love getting all those things in the mail!
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

+ Reply to Thread