This felt sole thing has all the political correctness of any good tree hugger. I would think it is better than any marketing campaign that has come up for boot sales. Most of these boot have shoe laces, they have the fabric in the boot itself. Just because your sole doesn't transfer ditty snott as well the rest of the boot can. Do I think it minimizes the transfer? Perhaps by a small percentage. If we were really concerned about this we would be dipping our boots after each body of water in a sterilization solution.

People want to feel good about doing something to help the environment, but some of these laws are just silly.

By the way there are some great deals right now on felt bottom boots. Simms has closed out there line already and I found some G3 boots for $89. They don't have any good size selection left at that vendor or I would have bought those.

Felt plus studs are still better than the latest wiz bang vibrams with studs for traction. If you look at real test they talk about how good they are, but they still don't match. The only thing the new vibrams are good for is snow, felt is terrible in snow.

OK, done with rant.