+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Note to self ...

Default Note to self ...

Do not ever again plan on fishing the Missouri State Parks during Spring break.

Pictures to follow when I decompress.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty;
    You could have driven about 8 more hours and had nice quiet place to stay and days of unmolested fishing!! WarrenP had a great time at Normandy Dam learning to cast a full sink line, he stopped counting at 20 trout. I just spent 2 days on the Duck up at Courtners Mill, the fishing was tough but I pretty much had the river to myself! Ya know you guys are always welcome at Hise's Fish Shack!!

Blog Entries

Need I say more?
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Betty;
    I'll even reserve the "Forest Glen" room for you guys. It has hosted the likes of Joe V. (the dough god) and Kaboom1. First one up starts the coffee!!

Betty

You can't go wrong with the Forest Glen room at ol' Jack's Fish Shack. I plan on reserving it this fall again. The accommodations are first class all the way(at least for a trout bum).

Question Sooooooo......

.... I'm thinking there should be some very interesting pix turning up here shortly ??
    The fish are always right.

As for the rivers in the Texas hill
    country , some people call it the
    rubber hatch due to all the tube's
    floating by. On spring break weekend
    I just go get caught up on chore's around
    the house and fish another day.

Finally stopped raining on Wednesday evening. Outlook for Thursday and Friday good!! Did take some nice trouts ... and put 'em right back.

Pretty trouts hole. See 'em in there??

Unfortunately, along with the sunshine came the Spring Break crowds. The open greenspace became tent/camper alley to hundreds of people. The road to the river looked like Route 66 during the Depression. People all over the place with all kinds of stuff tied to the cars!

As far as you could see ... people. Keeping in mind this is a fly only area ... spincasters were having a hay day with plastic worms, and "fly fishermen" were slammin' the roll casts with bobbers and glow balls, just inches from the next guys ears. It was freekin' ugly! Rules be dam*ed!!! Stuff as many trouts as you can into that WalMart cooler!!!

Et ergo ... NEVER make plans to fish a Missouri State Park during Spring Break ... ever .... ever ... ever.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty, Betty, Betty. You've been around long enough to know what this weekend would bring. How many times do we have to tell you to 'Go West Young Girl!'? Sorry for your crowded trip. And, I'm sorry to rub it in, but here is what my local stretch of the Henry's Fork looked like for spring break - just us...

Good to have you back, and beautiful pics by the way.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Betty
    That looks like opening day of trout around here. To be avoided at all costs no matter how bad the shack nasties are. It opens on the last Sat of April by Sunday you have the places to yourself again, to fish and pick up garbage.
    Now I did notice the difference between your pictures and the one of Henrys Fork - no snow- that has to count for something.

+ Reply to Thread