+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trolling Motor

Hybrid View

Default Trolling Motor

I don't know if any of you are this way or not, but when I get something on my mind it worries me to death till I can get it figured out. I really need to get my toon out and see, but it's cold and rainy outside and it's a whole lot easier to ask you guys than put it together right now. Sorry for bothering you.

I did a search on here for mounting trolling motors and came up empty. I'm thinking of mounting a trolling motor on my pontoon. I know some of you have them on your toons, I was wondering where and how did you mount them? I was thinking of mounting it behind the seat on the cargo rack, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to swivel around and reach it well enough to run it? Obviously it needs to be in the middle to keep the propeller away from the inflatable toons, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach it or not. Any reccomemdations on a particular brand of trolling motors? My toon is rated for a 35 pound thrust, but my wallet is rated for the oars that came with it.

thanks in advance,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Hopefully, Fly Goddess will respond to this; if not you could PM her. There's some good info on tubing over here:
    http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/F...g_General_F81/

Seems that you can go frugal on the motor, but look for a quality battery.

Regards,
    Scott

Jason;
    I would recommend the factory trolling motor mount because it works. However you are right about mounting it in the center and this does require a swivel seat to be able to run it without breaking your back. I have sold my trolling motor but may be talked into selling the factory mount.

+ Reply to Thread