+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire arms while fishing

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by scubatim View Post
    9MM Hydro Shock
    How are those working for you, I have been looking in to them.

Quote Originally Posted by garb72 View Post
    How are those working for you, I have been looking in to them.
    Garb Hydroshocks are the only rounds I use in any of my hand guns. The knock down power is amazing
    Remember we all live down stream

Kimber 1911...45 ACP Handloaded. "45 ACP....Why shoot twice?"

Kimber 1911.. 45ACP Cor Bon DXP 185 gr +P
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

I usually bring only a whistle or slingshot or either one of these: Colt 1911 ACP or S&W 629 44 MAG. My decision has a lot to do with how I feel THAT day and the price of 44 MAG ammo. Dudly will AGAIN call me "macho paranoid" but through the years, I've learned to live with that I have smaller stuff for friendlier climes : Walther PPK .380 ACP and Beretta .32 3032 Tomcat. NONE of these have EVER been aimed at or fired at ANYTHING breathing and hopefully NEVER will.

Mark
    PS: The above cited armaments are carried ONLY where they just MIGHT be needed.AND, the following is a true testament ( well slmost)

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded
    that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my wife, threatening our lives. You also asked for my wife's purse and earrings.
    I can only hope that you somehow come across this
    rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason. My wife had just bought me that
    Kimber Model 1911 .45 A CP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me.

[That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies
    to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go ' s, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone.
    Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone
    for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA ' s office
    and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my
    possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had
    a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 02-14-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Marco.... you got me pegged
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Glock M29, 10mm.....fits in my chest pack. It will knock down anything that I might walk up on. Best Regards....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I usually bring only a whistle or slingshot or either one of these: Colt 1911 ACP or S&W 629 44 MAG. My decision has a lot to do with how I feel THAT day and the price of 44 MAG ammo. Dudly will AGAIN call me "macho paranoid" but through the years, I've learned to live with that I have smaller stuff for friendlier climes : Walther PPK .380 ACP and Beretta .32 3032 Tomcat. NONE of these have EVER been aimed at or fired at ANYTHING breathing and hopefully NEVER will.

Mark
    PS: The above cited armaments are carried ONLY where they just MIGHT be needed.AND, the following is a true testament ( well slmost)

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded
    that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my wife, threatening our lives. You also asked for my wife's purse and earrings.
    I can only hope that you somehow come across this
    rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason. My wife had just bought me that
    Kimber Model 1911 .45 A CP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me.

[That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies
    to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go ' s, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone.
    Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone
    for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA ' s office
    and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my
    possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had
    a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,

Mark
    Wow that was great... not for you and the wife tho... well not for him either lol!

Well I generally pack my 9mm, pjk-hp [Browning Hi-Power Copy] 147gr Rem Saber hollowpoints. If I'm going into an area where bears or wolves are present, pepper spray and 44mag, 240gr hollowpoint hand loads, in a superblack 7 1/2", my hunting pistol. If I'm headed south around the gorge or just below the town Of Green River on the Green, a 22mag six shooter with shotshell loaded in the first three chambers. Rattlers are present. Also are present if you fish the Sweetwater River East of South Pass, Not West, Just East, DON"T know why.The 9mm usually is with me every where even if I have one of the other two or not.

I Carry Concealed, like Marco's story, I refuse to be a Victim, though I have never had to actually use a firearm in selfdefense, Thank You LORD!!
    Last edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff; 02-14-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Wyo-Blizzard

i carry a taurus "judge" when i fish creeks and backwoods lakes. i use it because of the copperheads and water moccasins here. they are aggressive snakes here . i have tried the walk the other way thing only to have them chase me so now i carry. it shoots 45 cal. and 410 shotgun shells.i have used it a few times in the last year.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

+ Reply to Thread