i have a sea eagle kayak and i've talked to a couple of foldcat owners, but i have no direct experience with the foldcat. i can only tell you about the company and the pontoons they use because they are the same as the stuff my yak is made of.

the company is pretty euro-style: no bs and very straight up. they do what they say they will do...not much more, and certainly no less. their advertising contains no hype. if they put it on-line or in print, it is pretty accurate...opinions vary based on taste/style, of course.

the pontoons will be incredibly durable and dependable with the highest quality valves and construction money can buy in their class. sea eagle is zodiac's biggest competitor. and valves are where you are most likely to have a problem with puncture-resistant inflatables. i can't tell you how many rocks, snags, etc. i've hung, scraped, and hit my boat on...dragged it over gravel, up the sides of levees and elevated roadways, and concrete boat ramps loaded with gear. i duck hunt, white water, and fish out of mine. my 90 lbs weimaraner goes with me sometimes and i often wear studded wading boots in the boat...with an inflatable deck!

That's about all i can say that would apply to the foldcat.