I used to pour/make bass fishing jigs, slip sinkers, spinnerbaits, etc.. with common lead molding equipment.

I would not be difficult for the home hobbyist to do if the molds were available.

I used several type of paints to finush the lead heads and sinkers. Including powder paint. Once applied, the powder paints, two part epoxies, and the vinyl paints both bond to the lead strongly and hold up to use well.

As Hap mentioned, making a swaging jig for lead to form either a bead or conehead from lead wire would not be hard to do if you have the equipment to make such a thing. I had an old friend, long deceased, that made such a contraption to turn spent .22 long rifle casings into jacketed rifle bullets back during WWII. There was bullet shortage, he was a varmint shooter, and when he couldn't buy jacketed bullets for his high velocity rifle, he figured out how to make them.

I get that deforming in shipment would seem to be a problem, but I see lead 'bullet' shaped worm weights in sizes from 1/32 ounce to over one ounce in packages shipped all over the country without damage. Many seem to be coming in from overseas now, and they seem to survive the shipping just fine.

Anyone know a tool and die maker? I'd love to have a swaging jig and dies to make a couple of sizes of lead cone heads from 1/8" lead wire (I have a large spool of that in my shop).

Buddy