+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do?

No such thing as family getting in the way.
    Work ..... well, yeah - it can.
    But ... between family and work is yourself - learned that a while ago. You must make time (take time) for yourself - or you'll burn out and be good for nobody.
    Wife, 4 kids, overbearing job that averages 55hrs a week (with 40 minute commute), dog to look after and work ... yup - adds up. But I still take time each week - even half hour at a time to veg out tying (just abck into for the year), reading, sorting materials, etc. I found scheduling time is disappointing - just take it when you need it.

darrell,

Josko has part of it down, for sure. The other thing I do is fish when there are not other demands on my time. I fish on weekdays from 6:00 - 8:15 then head out to work. I fish on weekend mornings before 10:00 when I start my weekend chores. I fish on vacation when I can. Then I add to that the times when I am fishing for a whole day or a weekend here and there. This is how I get my time.

I don't often get the evening hatches, but have plenty of opportunity for the morning ones.

jed

Mope.

Bill

Family and work are far more important than some fishing. I don't mean to lecture, but treasure the days you have with you wife and kids. The kids grow up way too fast and then they are gone. Today is my daughter's 40th birthday. I haven't a clue where the years since she was home and in school have gone to.

+ Reply to Thread