+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook storage

Hybrid View

I will second the Craftmates but use a little different product: I have 4 of the 14 compartment boxes: http://www.craftmates.com/locking.html

What I like about these is that each box has an individual compartment for each hook that locks individually as well. If you drop it, only one size goes all over the floor. Can you tell that I had a different hook box in the past and dumped it? What a gigantic mess and sorting hooks was an adventure, the likes of I don't want to revisit.

The other pleasing thing to me about this method is that all of these boxes fit nicely my Fishpond Coyote bag so when it is time for a class I put them in and go. Some of the larger base station type of boxes are nice but if you go to shows or classes, I much prefer these.

Rick

Talking

I use the $7 hook boxes sold in most fly shops. They have curved bottoms to more easily remove a hook. For smaller hooks, I place one of those magnetic squares (what use to come in the Tiemco hook packets) in the compartment to hold the hooks. I have about 5 of these boxes for Wet, Dry, Specialty Long Shank Hooks, Specialty Other and Steeelhead/SaltWater hooks. The salt water hooks I use are not super large (2/0 largest) so these boxes work well for me. However, I have not dropped one yet! I am careful when removing hooks.

Dr Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I will second the Craftmates but use a little different product: I have 4 of the 14 compartment boxes: http://www.craftmates.com/locking.html

What I like about these is that each box has an individual compartment for each hook that locks individually as well. If you drop it, only one size goes all over the floor. Can you tell that I had a different hook box in the past and dumped it? What a gigantic mess and sorting hooks was an adventure, the likes of I don't want to revisit.

The other pleasing thing to me about this method is that all of these boxes fit nicely my Fishpond Coyote bag so when it is time for a class I put them in and go. Some of the larger base station type of boxes are nice but if you go to shows or classes, I much prefer these.

Rick
    Rick -

The CraftMates Caddy that I have has those same plastic boxes in it that you use. The only difference is that the caddy is a cordura bag, with a handle and shoulder strap, whereas you already have that with your Fishpond bag.

John

+ Reply to Thread