" fish mainly for trout in limestone and freestone mountain streams where wading can be challenging because of slippery rocks."

Owlman, unless these new rubber boots that are being talked about are made of something different that I don't know about, or the streams in your area are alot different from the limestone streams here in va. I would in no way use anything other than felt, yes rubber boots are good for snow, sand, mud, crossing logs and yes the snot rocks, but as a rule, 90% of what you will encounter, you will be much safer with felt, rubber boots means one step and out of control fall with no way no get a footing, felt isn't perfect, but to me and my attemps and watching all others, rubber is "Danger" rubber on wet rocks is like trying to walk on ice, if it wasn't I would be using them all the time, cost alot less and you can get them at almost any wal-mart. i wouldn't be taking the time to type all this out if i hadn't seen more than one person have a very unpleasent fishing day of just trying to take another step with out falling, or, take a very bad fall...
Now if these new rubber boots are made of some kind of new rubber sole that I don't know about then i'v waisted my time typing all of this, but I could learn something new...