Sully,

I have used Cocoons for years and I really appreciate the fit over aspect of them so I can wear my prescription glasses when I need to.

I use the Gray for high light conditions, they are great for toning down the direct sunlight and the sunlight that is being reflected off the water.

When it gets a little darker or on gray days I switch to my Amber Cocoons and when it really starts to get dark I switch to my Yellow Cocoons. I have not tried the Copper but they sound interesting.

Here is what Cocoon has to say about the colors they offer:

GRAY
This is a neutral tint that delivers natural color definition and contrast. Ideal for every day use in bright light conditions where enhanced contrast is not required. (15% LT)

COPPER
A general purpose tint that heightens depth perception and object definition by effectively filtering scattered blue light to improve contrast. Ideal for skiing, fishing and all flat light conditions. (16% LT)

AMBER
Amber is effective at absorbing most blue light waves which sharpens visual acuity, improving depth perception and contrast in variable light conditions. Amber is popular for fishing, driving, and general use. (14% LT)

YELLOW
A long time standard in ski and shooting sports, yellow provides excellent depth perception and dramatic contrast in low light. Improves contrast and gives a sensation of heightened visual acuity in low light conditions. (27% LT)

See what they offer at: http://www.cocoonseyewear.com/sunwear/

Larry ---sagefisher---