Not Only "Known to the State of California..."

Being a (shudder) native Californian, I have been seeing these signs for awhile. However, California is not the only sign crazy state. Even the Feds have theirs. Recently I was at the Social Security office and saw this sign on the door:

WARNING!It is a federal offense to kill, kidnap, forcably assault, intimidate or interfere with federal employees while they are engaged in or on account of the performance of their official duties.
Violators are subject to criminal prosecution.

I thought, HUH? I'd better keep my cool in here. I had a 9AM appointment and was seen at 9:50. I think that should be against the law.

I visited a club in Lubbock, Texas with this sign on the door:

Warning!
SMOKING ALLOWED IN THIS FACILITY.
The Lubbock Health Board Has Determined That Second Hand Smoke Is Unsafe.

Being from California, and knowing the risks because of the numerous signs warning of the hazards of second hand smoke, I left and went elsewhere where smoking was not allowed.

Now it might seem a little anal for the State of California to have these signs affixed to everything from gas pumps to convienience store doors to toys with small parts. You can take it or leave it. They are just covering their own a**s by warning us and therefore not being liable. It's like McDonalds putting warning signs on hot drinks. Microwavable foods have warning labels, materials containing lead, or other potentially dangerous chemicals or ingrediants have them too. My doughboy pool liners come with signs warning to not dive or jump into the pool. The toys I purchased a few days ago for my grandkids have warnings about small parts being dangerous for children under 3. All drug stores or companies have warnings on prescription and OTC drugs telling us not to operate machinery, not to take with alchohol, and the dangers of mixing with other drugs. Almost everything even moderately hazardous tells us to KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. The list goes on and on.
It may seem like Vanity on my home state's part to warn us, but I think it's worth it. Happy Holidays, Jim