+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have a pattern to match this?

Hybrid View

regardless of the size of fish i would catch, i dont think id do that either! but heres one for you, im sick of seeing ads for this when im watching WFN all the time.
    http://www.bassprofessor.com/elite/o...shingsnake.php
    "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!"

Default Snake wrangler..

That guy could have easilly left that snake alone. What a doofus.

Quote Originally Posted by crcaddis View Post
    That guy could have easilly left that snake alone. What a doofus.
    In my case the wife didn't want him outside of the back door and he was either relocated or worse for the snake. On the rattler, I think I would have passed on that as well.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

You could tie Richard Komar's Hard-Hackle Worm on a 1/0 or 2/0 hook with really long brown-barred feathers, and black plastic bead eyes, and that would make a fair imitation.

Plastic Lure companies have been making snake imitations for decades. This is nothing new. And when I lived in Tx. (born and raised there), lots of people fished with rattlesnakes, and water moccasins, especially in Lake Texoma, and Lake 'O The Pines. They are only dangerous if they bite you..... What do you expect from people who regard 'noodling' for 40+ pound catfish a 'sport'?

Whats the big deal?
    Last edited by Gigmaster; 10-13-2009 at 07:34 PM.

no way... not me... i go fishin & somebody brangs a snake outa the tacklebox while in the boat with me,,,, *** WHOOPIN !!!
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Seems that the guy just used live bait instead of the standard , albeit smaller rubber worm. I have used massive rubber worms ( before enlightenment came ) when bass fishing , standard theory always applies.
    Big bait=Big fish

Bill Norman used to make a plastic worm called a Snatrix, which I understand is Latin for water snake. It was a twister tail with a molded head to look like a snake and the outer edge of the tail thicker than the inner edge. I love to fish the 5" copperhead colors with a weedless hook and no weight swim it along weeds. One of my friends said it looked so much like a snake he wanted to shoot it.

Largemouth think snakes taste like chicken.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Default I would have left it alone

I have a healthy respect for rattlesnakes, I have killed them...but they are a snake that In my opinion unless cornered would rather slink away and hunt for a meal of mice than bite you. I was inspecting on one of WSDOT projects
    early in the summer and I just about stepped on one and all it wanted to do was crawl away it didn't even buzz at me...I took a picture and then we parted ways.
    Flyfisher121

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default Just a guess!

My best guess would be to start with a quarter of an ounce of REALLY LONG cree saddle hackles tied in at the bend of the hook.

crcaddis, I feel your pain. On the brighter side, if our doofus keeps messing around with rattlesnakes, nature will eventually take its course. It might even make the Darwin Awards! 8T

Default Actual pattern

I just posted to share the story. I was just kidding about the pattern. I've actually tied some flies in the last year to try and imitate a standard plastic worm...unsuccessfully.

+ Reply to Thread